This is so exciting! My first tag! I was browsing through Erika the Bibliophile ‘s blog and found this tag. It was created by TheBookJazzIt . AND I was tagged by who seems to be my virtual doppelganger, Casey, at inspiredbythepage . It looked like fun so here it goes…
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Although I read in my room most of the time, I wouldn’t say I have a specific place to read. As long as it’s comfy and I can chill, I can read there.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Actually neither. I just remember the page number or know more or less where I’ve stopped and flip through that general section till I find the page.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I stop after a certain amount. My reading stops are those chapter breaks (when there’s a gape between the paragraphs) and the end of the chapter if there are only a few pages left of it.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I tried once but I just don’t know how to. hahaha!
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time. Again, I don’t like trying to split my mind; I devote my attention to the one book I’m reading. Although every now and then if I’m not feeling a book I’ll put it on hold, read another book, then come back to it. But that rarely ever happens.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I don’t mind reading anywhere (as long as it’s not super noisy!) I’ll even take my book to the mall and read while I wait for whoever I’m with to come out of a shop I’m not interested in.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Reading silently. But I read some poetry aloud every now and then (in a British accent, i don’t now why it just comes out that way 🙂 )
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
NO! I think part of the thrill of reading a book is the anticipation. Though I do count the pages ahead to see how many more are felt in the chapter.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I’m very protective of the condition of my books, so… like new 😉
11. Do you write in your books?
No, unless its something I’m reading for school and even then its in pencil.However, I do see a beauty of stumbling on someones notes in a book and seeing their thoughts. (I did, once, underline quotes and circle pages when I didn’t have tabs)
I wanna tag joysofabookworm !