Oh wow! I was so excited when I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Big thanks to the lovely people who nominated me: Erika @Erika The Bibliophile , Anjie @Love Thy Shelf, and joysofbookworms99 @Live. Laugh. Read. . You guys rock!! I really enjoy reading their blogs so check them out!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
1. I love art! Pretty much of any form.
2. When I’m not reading I like to paint (not a pro) and take pictures ( I love photography ❤ )
3. My favourite genre is fantasy.
4. My favourite fantasy book is Lord of the Rings (my heart is in Middle-Earth <3)
5. I love dragons!! (Know about any book world that has dragons? Let me know!)
6. The things I want most are a kitten, a wolf and a dragon
7. I love coffee but I love smelling it more. (really, sometimes I enhale till I get lightheaded. I know, I know.)
8. I have to have seperate sections for the food on my plate. I can’t have them touching.
9. I can’t wistle!
10. I hate it when people post excessive selfie on social media.
11. I want to go zip lining, rock climbing, bungee jumping and poossible skydiving (haven’t made up my mind on the last one:))
Questions from Erika:
- What is your worst bookish habbit?
I couldn’t think of any so I asked my sister and she said my worst bookish habbit was smell pages too much (at home and in public, she added).
- What fictional character would you have actually dated in high school?
- What is your favorite movie/tv series adaptation of a book?
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit! Couldn’t pick one. I love those adaptations!! The visual effects, the costumes, the dialogue, the acting, the directing! I could go on and on.
- What book genre/types of books do you absolutely refuse to read?
I’m really not a picky reader; I read adult, young adult, middle grade and even childeren books and even poetry. But I think the the things that I don’t like reading would be erotica.
- Which author have you read the most book from?
Rick Riordan because of his Percy Jackson and The Heroes of Olympus series and then the twe books he wrote for The 39 Clues series.
- Do you prefer a physical book or e-book? Or both?
I prefer a physical copy. I have nothing against e-books but I like filling the shelves in my room and I can’t stare at the screen as long as I want to read.
- What book could you not finish and why?
The Prince and the Pauper. It was just dragging for me.
- What book do you believe is highly overrated?
City of Bones. I didn’t see what the hype was all about. I’ve only read this book in the series so I hope the rest pick up.
- Who are your least favorite/hated characters and which books are they from?
The children (except for Charlie) in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But I suppose we weren’t meant to like them.
- If you read Young Adult Books what are some of the common tropes in these books that you are tired of seeing?
Something along the lines of “I released a breath I didn’t kmow I was holding” .
- This one is non-book related but I am a huge fan of Disney so I’d like to know who is your favorite Disney princess?(Disney character if you don’t like any Disney princess)
I like the strong characters like Mulan and Merida.
Questions from Anji:
- You’re stranded on an island and you can only choose the company of one fictional character. Who would you choose?
Well if I’m stranded there I would want Percy there with me so he can get me the hell off that island. But If I’m stuck there I would choose Finnick because he’s good at fishing, he’s funny and come on lets face it, he is some serious eye candy.
- What is the best book you’ve read in 2015 so far?
Lord of the Rings (it’s one book), Looking for Alaska and The BFG. (Did you really think I’d pick one?)
- What’s the worst book you’ve read in 2015 so far?
Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned”. It wasn’t all that.
- Which book do you wish would be made into a movie/tv show?
I think The 39 Clues would make a very interesting TV show.
- What sequels are you looking forward to reading?
The Blood of Olympus.
- They’re making a film based on your life. You get to choose the actor/actress playing your love interest. Who would it be?
Haha, my love interest? Okay, I’ll play along. Dylan O’Brian!
- Which book or series do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I have a love hate relationship with the end of Champion by Marie Lu.
- Think of your favorite series. If you had to sacrifice one book in the series, which would it be?
Sacrifice? I wouldn’t want to sacrifice any because then one would be missing from the series and that would drive me crazy!
- What book had the greatest impact on you?
Lord of the Rings and The Book Thief.
- Disappointing, overrated, just not good: What book did you feel didn’t live up to your expectations?
I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak.
Questions from Joysofbookworms99:
- What was the first book/series/trilogy that you remember loving?
The Hunger Games. It was my first dystopian and so I hadn’t read anything like it.
- What are some of your all-time favourite books and/or authors?
The Lord of the Rings, The Book Thief, Looking for Alaska and most of Roald Dahl’s books are some of my all time favourite books. For the all time favourite authors I’m detatching them from their books and picking them soley on the personality/character. John Green, Veronica Roth, and Neil Gaiman (I have yet to read one of his books but I’ve seen talks and interviews by him).
- What is an under hyped book that you loved and who would you recommend it to?
Inkheart and its sequels (Inkspell and Inkdeath) by Cornelia Funke. I would recomend it to anyone who ever wished to vist the fictional worlds of books and meet the characters.
- Do you like BookTube? If so, who are some of your favourites?
I love Booktube!! Dude, there is a whole lot of them. Okay I’m just gunna list them: Sasha @abookutopia and Ben @Benjaminoftomes (don’t you love their friendship?), Dylan @bookswithdylan, Regan @ peruseproject, Raleen @padfootandprongs07, Jesse @jessethereader, Mercedes @MercysBookishMusings, Sarah @sarahchurchill , Grace @gracewithabookinherface and Silke @aliterarykingdom. I’m gunna stop there before I list every bootuber I watch. Have any Bootuber suggestions? Let me know!
- What is your go-to book for YA recommendations?
I don’t have one. Whenever I recommend a book to someone I take into consideration what the other person likes to read, so it really just depends on the person.
- How many books are on your bookshelves? (For this, you can simply post pictures of your bookshelves).
About 50. I also have books at my grandma’s house.
- Who are your top five role models from books? Why?
Off the top of my head: Katniss Everdeen because she’ll do anything to protect the ones she loves. Triss because she is small and fragile looking but she’s is strong and fierce. Aragon because of his skill in judgement. Gandalf because of his wisdom. And Cinna for his compassion.
- What non-bookish item/food/memory/thing do you associate with books?
um… I don’t have any
- Where do you live? Where would you like to live?
I’m not entirely sure I wanna answer this. I’m just gunna say I’m Mexican American. I have a lot of places I wanna visit but not sure where I wanna live.
- What book made you a reader and why?
I don’t have one specific book. For me it’s the Nancy Drew and the Fright Time Books. Man I loved those!
- If you could choose, which bookish world would you want to live in? Why?
Middle-Earth!!!! Elves! Rivendell! Hobbits! Minas Tirith! Need I say more? ( I would love to visit the Inkworld in Inkheart)
- Casey @inspiredbythepage
- Zin @Book’N’Feathers
- Hannah @Broc’s Bookcase
- Ashley @wordsweheart
- Mara @Book Marauder
- Fiona @My Cafe Au Livre
- Gio @thebooksoutloud
- Pearl @bibliopearl
- Lucy @Reckless Reading
- Safah @Midnight Page~Turners
- Emmi @Books with Ems
1. What’s your favourite genre?
2. What’s your least favourite genre?
3. Any hobbies besides reading?
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
5. What would you do if you couldn’t fail at it?
6. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
7. What topics do you like to blog about the most?
8. Do you write in your books?
9. What is your favourite place to eat out?
10. If you can have any creative ability what would it be?
11. What is your favourite underrated book?
This award was created for people to find new bloggers so please take the time to check out the lovely bloggers mentioned above. Thanks for taking the time to read this!